Hello, Five cities! Catch up with each other to start this day on an informed note. Here’s what’s going on in town today.
A major flood improvement project has started close. A school bus crashed into an Inwood apartment building, igniting a fire Thursday. And one group formed to oppose overdevelopment in the five cities region.
Did you know that you can showcase your local business at this spot in the newsletter for just $ 79 per month? Click here to begin.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A little rain in the afternoon. High: 60 Low: 56.
Here are the best stories in Five Towns today:
- Jerry Barmash reports that a school bus in Inwood crashed into a building, causing a fire on Burnside Avenue and Hoover Street. Details are still emerging. (Room)
- The Herald explains that the The Island Park downtown revitalization project across from the Island Park Library has started. Flooding in the area has been a problem for years. The project will cost $ 1.3 million. (LI Herald)
- Patch warns residents that road works on the Hempstead Turnpike have started and will last three weeks. Construction is expected to close one lane in both directions from the Cross Island Parkway to Munson Avenue. (Room)
- A local group of Five Towns who opposed the construction of a health facility at the old school number six in Woodmere years ago wants to monitor development in the area. The LI Herald) wants to inform the residents of Five Towns about the proposed projects. (
Today’s Five Towns daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and gain access to this amazing technology – Click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Five Towns!
Today in five cities:
Five cities notepad
- East Rockaway Junior-Senior High The school will have a the inauguration ceremony is scheduled for Saturday at 12:45 p.m. for a new sports complex. (Room)
- This is the last week to drop off donations for the Hewlett-Woodmere Public Library’s October Food Drive. (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” – Get $ 43.21 Tickets This Friday Only! (October 29)
- Home and Office Furniture Warehouse Clearance Sale (October 30)
- Alcohol-Free Halloween Party (October 31)
- Save 15% on boo-tiful flowers this Halloween! (October 31)
- Community Awareness Festival for Bethany House and Hewlett House (November 6)
- Add your event
You are officially in the know for today. I’ll see you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider including some of your friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Five Towns Daily? You can reach me at [email protected]